At the beginning and end of each school year, all participants are surveyed. The results gathered so far indicate that in schools where the DIATROFI Program is implemented, during the school year 2017-2018:
- food insecurity has decreased
- children’s eating habits have improved
- the number of underweight, as well as overweight and obese, children has decreased.
Additionally, the school principals, teachers and parents of the students report that:
- social cohesion, collegiality and solidarity has been strengthened within the school community
- the educational work of the school and cooperation and communication between parents and the school has been enhanced
- school dropouts have decreased